Thursday, May 14, 2009

This & That

Life keeps plugging along and we're keeping busy! At the end of next week, we're off to Oregon!

Grant:
This is Grant just a few days ago...

Notice anything different?



Grant finishes kindergarten next week! I can't believe his year is coming to an end! I am so happy that he has enjoyed school so much. I am grateful for his wonderful teacher and stellar school! He will be headed to a new school just down the road next year, so that should be exciting. He continues to have baseball games and enjoys playing (more watching) with the older boys next door in their after school baseball games...thus the lack of pictures of Grant...he's run off to play!

For Mother's Day Grant gave me a dish towel with his hand print on it he made at school and this poem he filled in parts:
My Special Mother
She's as pretty as a rainbow.
She weighs as much as air
and is as tall as normal size.
Her favorite food is ice cream.
In the good old days when Mom was little, she used to pretend she was a bird.
I think my mom is funny when she -she's not really funny.
I wish my Mom would watch t.v. with me everyday.
I wouldn't trade my mother for toys.

Grace:
She's such a little toddler now....toddling around jabbering who knows what. She is curious and gets into everything and is staring to climb on everything. She never stops! She, like her brother says lots of sounds for things, but a few words are pretty clear: Mom, Dad, Grant (this is sound, but it's particular for Grant), more and hi.

Grace loves the outdoors as much as her big brother. This is what her face looks like if she gets anywhere near the sandbox:

More oooing at bubbles...


And these cheeks...I've said it before, I kiss them all day long!

We love our little Bit!

Gracie Likes Books:

Gracie still loves books...oh how she loves them. She has three baskets full in her room and will rummage through them each day. She definitely has favorites as she'll look until she finds what she wants and then toddle over and plop herself in my lap.

But eventually this is what happens when she tires of looking...



Fire Ants.
Grant and I both on separate occasions got attacked by fire ants. Here in the South those pesky, tiny ants have quite the bite...yup, just like fire!

Weather....tornados.....rain.
This time it was a tornado, yup you heard me right. Just not even a mile from us! And power out...with all these severe storms I've been complaining that I don't have a weather radio to properly warn me. Mark purchased a fancy one for me for Mother's Day so I can be at ease now!

The cardinal flying into the window. Still continues...but seems to be slowing down. Although last week I thought he'd stop and went to remove some of our deterrents and he was back the next day...although I think today I didn't see him at all?

Garden Update:
We have planted and so far everything is sprouting!! Our garden this year includes: strawberries (thanks Carrie, yours already have fruit!), beans, corn, herbs, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, zucchini, sunflowers, cantaloupe and watermelon! I hope they continue to grow...as this crop will certainly be a learning experience for us.



11 comments:

Ditto Family said...

I'm not sure if I could ever get used to tornado and hurricane watches. I remember a tsunami warning once in Hawaii...that was a bit exhilarating, probably because I didn't live on the first floor and I was kidless and carefree.

Love Gracie's kissable cheeks and Grant's toothless smile!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Weights as much as air? That's quite a compliment. And you're not so funny? Oh, boy, Grant sure is! I will chuckle about that one all afternoon.

Mama Nirvana said...

I'm so glad that Grant enjoyed school. It looks like you guys are really enjoying your outside. I love it!

Amy

Jessica said...

Your daughter is absolutely perfect...so cute! Just thought id let ya now :)

Becki said...

Back to Oregon? Shout hello to Utah for me when you fly over. :) Are you running your marathon there?

hope said...

That was so much fun to catch up on! OH, how I would love to be in Oregon right now!!! Have fun. (I would kiss those cheeks all day too!!!)

Alli said...

Such cute kids! I love to see them grow and change in your gorgeous pictures.

Jessica M said...

I was so late planting my garden this year. Sigh. I'm glad yours is already doing well. I love your exposure on that last shot. And the pink boots are stylin!!

emily a. said...

Gran'ts loosing teeth like crazy now. I bet he's excited. Have fun in Oregon. I'm envious you get to go back so frequently. Enjoy!

Angie said...

Your kids are so cute and gracie does have the most kissable cheeks! I am glad you are able to come here to visit family and friends maybe on your next time around I can see you? Have a great time!

Lori said...

What a great composite of happy thoughts! Love the flowers, the frog, the books, the happy children. Happy you were not swept away by that tornado!