Friday, May 15, 2009

Grant


I absolutely love this picture. It has been hanging on Grant's kindergarten door and every time I go to the school I stop and look at it, because it makes me smile. Look at his eyebrows, they're beneath his eyes! I was hoping I would get to keep it.

This morning Grant had his kindergarten awards and party. I didn't realize what a big deal it was as I walked in and there were all moms and dads with video cameras in hand (Mark is out of town for work and I didn't even bring my camera!). It was very cute, Grant had written about kindergarten: My favorite part of kindergarten was everything. In first grade I will learn about dollar bills. When I grow up I want to be a maker (to invent things and be a business man). This summer I am going to the pool. The kids sang songs...it was a Hawaiin beach theme so they all got a lei.

Some pics from my iphone:



And some more of the boy I love so much, he fits perfectly in our lives and I couldn't imagine it without him! He is curious, kind, fun, energetic, snuggly, handsome and very imaginative...




7 comments:

Ditto Family said...

I love what he said that he wants to be when he grows up. Shows what a great imagination he has.

Natalie said...

I love Grant's self portrait! He is one creative little boy! Just like his creative and talented mom!

Mama Nirvana said...

What a treasure to have that picture. Congratulations, Grant on a terrific year of kindergarten!!!

Amy

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love it that the photographer in you lets us know that those pictures were taken from your phone. :) Grant looks so cute and ready for the party!

Lori said...

What an arTIst! The joys of being a boy...looks like he's just having so much fun at it! Congrats on heading off to 1st grade Grant!

shari said...

He is so Handsome and growing up fast. I love the pictures with his two front teeth missing.

Becki said...

What a handsome kid!