Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Her Day





We had a fun day. Papa flew in this morning and Gracie had fun smiling at him all day and showing him all her tricks. (The above pictures are of her smiling at him.) Mark got home from work and we had our homemade pizza (Grace loves pizza) and cake and ice cream, opened gifts and then danced. Gracie loves to dance. Grant was a big help and had written out a new birthday song to sing to Grant. And reason number 250 why I love having my mom here...she baked and frosted the cake and rolled out fondant circles. This is about as creative as we get in our house!

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

how precious! Your daughter has such a cute smile. :] I just love that outfit, and it's way cool that your mom co-ordinated the spots from her hat with the birthday cake! What a special day for beautiful little Grace.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Quincy Sorensen said...

The cake--as stylish as Gracie.

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

Adorable! Did you use fondant for the circles? That's super creative idea and again I LOVE the colors.

Ditto Family said...

SUPER DUPER CREATIVE! Did you make the fondant or buy it? I'm totally uneducated with cake stuff but Gracie's cake is just precious (and looks perfect on the green cake pedestal). Your mom is never going to want to go home now that she has your dad there and being spoiled with grandchild love.

Cami said...

So fun!! What a great day.

Karen said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday. Love your pictures and I can't believe she didn't dive into the cake. Happy Birthday Ms. Grace.

Kim Mayfield said...

Happy Birthday to Grace! She is so adorable. Your mom did a fabulous job on the cake... too cute!

emily a. said...

That cake is amazing and just adorable. I'm very impressed. Sounds like a perfect birthday!

Beth said...

The cake turned out fabulous! I love it! Now I'm embarrased of Addie's bday cake!

Wendyrful said...

Soooo cute! I've never used fondant on a cake yet. I see all these cute cakes in magazines and such... (my family is very picky. What does it taste like?)
What a great smile for her grandpa!!!

hope said...

That cake is super adorable! And Gracie, about 100x that! What a special time!

Cathie said...

I can hardly believe it's been a year since she was born (I've loved seeing her year in pictures--you really have such a gift!). Here's to many more wonderful years!