Friday, February 20, 2009

My little Bit.


I have a nickname for Grace that evolved in a strange way as nicknames often do-like my youngest sister Jessica...ended up being called, "Lou". This one similar...and when I look at these pictures I find myself saying, there's my little "bit". Yes, Bit is her nickname...it kind of reminds me and has the same meaning as Pa calling Laura, Half Pint on Little House on The Prairie. Grant often calls her little stinker though.




And where's Grant (aka:honey buns)? He's been sick with a bad ear infection, but obviously well enough to be out back with us, pjs and all, running around...


Side note: I always feel the need to explain myself when I post pictures of our horribly dormant, yellow, ugly grass...It must be the Oregonian green in my blood. Sorry, that's just the way it is down South and I know some of you are cringing at my children playing on the stuff. Our yard has a lot of work to do, we had a landscaper come this week and hopefully will have some spectacular plans ready for us and hopefully even more so, we can somehow instigate them and transform some much neglected areas into a desired place to lounge...hopefully. I will keep you updated.

6 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love the story about the nickname. Gracie is too cute!

Mama Nirvana said...

The grass is definitely different here. You have so much space -- and that can be really overwhelming (like we do, and have still done nothing). Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Amy

Ditto Family said...

Little Bit's outfit and smile is irresistible! Glad that Honey Buns is well enough to romp around on the yellow grass.

Lisha said...

I hate the yellow grass, too. But, the pictures are great despite the yellow yuckiness!

Diana said...

I miss you guys!!!

emily a. said...

These are some of my fav pictures of Gracie. She looks so cute in her casual outfit.