Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bs In A Green Field


When I decided on my new name, I knew instantly that I wanted these two kids running around in a green field. I wanted bright and I wanted the blue Alabama sky. We lucked out this day, since it had been so overcast and cloudy just recently and we had to act quick since the grass is already starting to turn a bit brown (yes, it's only green eight months out of the year!)

When I went back to finish editing the rest of the batch I was drawn to a more subtle and soft muted look to the pictures...



...and then back to bright. I used my fish eye lens on these and love the openness it brought!





Winners from the drawing are in the post below!

10 comments:

danakat said...

Those are so perfect for your new look! I love the fishbowl..eyes...whatever lens you have now. But I think the last two kind of make me feel dizzy. Weird. I do have a height issue...maybe that's it?

Heidi said...

I love it. The kiddos are darling too. Alambama is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Those are some great shots and I love green! Good thing we have green for as long as we do. In Minnesota we saw white for about 8 months (not a huge fan of snow)!

Shonda said...

Those are really cool. You're making me want a fish eye too! You're right, it does give it such an open feel.

Ditto Family said...

My favorite is the first one of just the little girl and the balloon.

Beth said...

I love these pictures! Especially the softer ones!

Cari said...

I love the muted look. It totally gives a whole different feel.

Julie said...

I really like the third one up from the bottom, with the two kids and the boy looking away to the side. Very "magazine" like.

Fowler family said...

I love the play on the "green-field" name. What beautiful shots Kim.

Lisa C said...

Hey Kim! I love your new name and the logo and the little icons on your side bar...everything is so cute. My favorite picture here is the vintage-looking one of the the little girl with the pink balloon. I love it.