Thursday, April 26, 2007

Boulders

I’ve referred them before as life’s “boulders” that come crashing down. Sometimes you see it coming and get out of the way or at least know and other times it surprises you. Either way, you have to get around it somehow, conquering it and leaving it behind. That can be very hard and may not happen in one day and may even leave a few scars along the way. Family and friends are allowed to help, but obviously can’t do it for you-they have their own boulders and rocks to go over and through. No one’s life is “boulder- free”, I was reminded of this when meeting with someone from my church during a time of falling rocks and was told there would be more to come; that is part of life. I remember thinking why?, the conflict I was in seemed more than enough to cover a lifetime of struggles. But, he was right, they keep coming. Life sure is hard sometimes, right? A friend wrote to me yesterday…..”remember, there is the rainbow after the storm…” and I am so looking for that rainbow right now. Over the past couple weeks one of those boulders came crashing down on me (and Mark). I’m not yet about to get myself around it, but wanted to thank so many of you who have been there to help. Mark and I have felt your prayers and thoughts literally from around the world. It’s comforting in a time of grieving to know so many people are thinking of you and truly feel it, it really does help. Thank you, we love you. You know who you are. That’s the miracle in it all; that even though life has challenges, we are put here on this earth to be happy. Our Father in Heaven has a plan; it is one of happiness. So, even when we are faced with these massive boulders there is hope, peace and even joy. It can be found in those family and friends and in Him. I have found comfort in my knowledge of this.

I considered just quitting the blog, it seemed so pointless and superficial this past week (still does). Then I thought about why I started blogging. To share with family and friends so far away from Alabama what we’re up to, what Grant is doing, growing…captured in pictures which is something I love to do. I know his grandparents love to see and read about him. It’s also served as an outlet for journaling about life, to preserve in my pictures and writings something to save for future posterity. I hope those are good enough reasons and that is why I am continuing. And if nothing else, I can’t get over how much I love this cute little boy, he is truly the sunshine in our lives:







We are FINALLY closing and moving into our new house! We close tomorrow and the movers will bring our stuff on Saturday. I can’t believe it’s finally here…pictures of the final product (green grass and all!) will be posted tomorrow.

7 comments:

Ditto Family said...

At least you are top of the boulder now...you just have to let time, friends, faith, and your family help you down the boulder.

You are loved!

I love the third picture of Grant. Your posterity will love the history that you are creating.

Fowler family said...

Kim,
We send our condolensces your family's way. It doesn't seem fair that boulders can come crashing down on the most wonderful people like you guys. It is okay to grieve, and I hope you know how much we love you. Thank you for always being such an inspiration to me through your blog. Your pictures speak more than a thousand words.

Meta said...

Good luck with the move tomorrow. I love reading your blog - thanks for sharing your heart and talent. love you guys.

Jensen Five said...

Kim,

Just wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. I have loved seeing what your family is doing and am so thankful that you are blogging. You are an amazing photographer and I love seeing the way you interpret things through your photos.

Love,
Jaime

Mama Nirvana said...

What you wrote was beautiful. I am so glad that you are continuing, because I just love to read your thoughts and look at pictures of your adorable son.

Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I finally found an internet connection here. I was so glad to see that you had posted so I could know how you are doing. You are such an example of faith and strength, just two of the things I love about you, oh, and your writing/photography abilities! Love the finished house!!! Talk to you soon!
Ang

Julia said...

I am so greatful that through it all you decided to continue blogging. You are an inspiration of faith, strength, and perserverance all of us gals that know you and read your blog. I am always so inraptured by your photography and I am in awe of your talent to capture a moment in time and make it so beautiful. Kim you are also in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your move and your new adventure!! Love, Julia