Friday, October 06, 2006

Omaha, Nebraska

Upon arriving in Omaha we went to the Mormon Trail visitors center (Winter Quarters). It was touching to see and hear again what I know about my pioneer ancestor’s journey to the West. I was moved and felt the sacrifices made by so many of them and the important role Joseph Smith is in the history of our church. The temple was beautiful there and built adjacent to the graveyard of many who died at Winter Quarters. We had a good conversation with Grant about dying and being burried and gravestones. He was concerned and asked, "When you die (to me and Mark) how will I get your gravestone and who will help me carry it?" He then told us that it would say, "I love you so much, you're the best parents. See you soon."






The Kanesville tabernacle in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Here Brigham Young was sustained the 2nd prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


No comments: