Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This & That...mid week

I went to find a field...
I've had my eye on for months now...and it was mowed




Have to hold tight to Little Miss Run Away...


One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade.


Grant at Play

Yes, the below jacket is like a size 2t and Grant still wears it.


Our Garden..or lack thereof

For whatever reason our garden has not done so great. I have tried to come up with many explanations on why...my latest being maybe the soil needs to be mended more. But, we've tried and hopefully next year it will be better. Our sorry looking tomato plants have produced about six tomatoes and one evening while Grace and I were out inspecting she leaned right over and took a bite of one right off the vine!





Grant's Finds
I happened upon this the other day...Grant has been collecting things it looks like.


Saying Goodbye
The Palmers leave tomorrow. We got together one last time today. Oh how we'll miss you guys!!

These two.






These two...again.


These two. My favorite:


Peace

We acquire the strength we have overcome. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE that last picture of G & B!

Ditto Family said...

I needed to start my day out with that peace picture! I've had a couple of under-the-weather days and I am trying to learn out to cope with stress better...this picture sure speaks of calmness and inner peace.

Grant is sure going to miss his buddy but I'm guessing his mommy is going to miss her buddy even more. Are they moving far?

Did Grace like the tomato? Chloe tried one last night for the first time and actually seemed to enjoy it.

Missin' you--

Quincy Sorensen said...

I really like these, Kim.

Becki said...

Lots of great ones! I am totally impressed that you could take a picture of Grace while holding her hand. That's hard! Remeber when you were taking our family pics way back when and Mark had to lung to save Linc from jumping in the lake? sigh... remember to tell him thanks for me again. :)

Natalie said...

I'm catching up tonight, I've missed blogs and I sure love this post. It's so full of great pics and I especially love the last one, brought tears, sweet little friends. I have a few cute ones from that day as well, I may post another time.

I will call you tomorrow.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I love that Gracie took a bite of one from the vine! LOL

If you want you can come and pick some tomatoes from our neglected garden. It still amazingly produced too many tomatoes for us to eat, and my gardener is in Florida for 2 weeks.