Saturday, July 11, 2009

This & That..been busy!

The Kids

I love the little boy above. Grant is curious and likes cars. He is a good helper outside. Grant has improved immensely in his swimming this summer and would like to go every day. He has decided his button polos need to be buttoned all the way to the top and won't have it any other way.


And the above, Grace Ann...a busy little girl, loves books and laughing out loud. She is 15+ months and getting bigger by the day, her hair is slowly growing. She likes to be a part of everything and follows her big brother around. She makes me smile and I love kissing her cheeks.

This is how Gracie gives kisses, it's really a smoosh of the nose:

That's not all Gracie has been doing...she has starting biting Grant when she gets mad! Grant kind of thinks it's funny...

Fountains
I have decided taking the kids to the fountains is much more managable than the pool. We still go to the pool, but it's more relaxing (for Mom at least) at the fountains, both kids love it!







More of the Fourth
The Merediths came to town for the fourth and for the goodbye open house we hosted for the Palmers. It was so fun having them stay at the house, Grant enjoyed every second with big kids around to play with! I have been trying to ignore the fact that Natalie and family will be moving in less than a week but yet feeling so blessed to have such good friends, even if they have to move away.









Visitors & Instant Babysitter
Grace had all the attention she needed form Kierstyn. She is the best little babysitter! Thanks for all your help K!




Grant and His Bike
Oh, the freedom Grant is feeling with his bike. Just the other night he scurried from the dinner table to join the neighborhood kids in their evening of bike riding!


Grace and Books
Gracie looooves books! She will just about sit on anyone's lap to look at a book. She particularly likes the ones with animals and likes to say their noises. This pretty much could keep her occupied all day...





Birds
I found a nest in one of my empty pots by the garden and a white speckle egg in it, similar to this one we found on the ground just the other day. I don't know what kind of bird it is, but there's just something about bird nests that intrigue me.

Another thing that doesn't intrigue me anymore, but ANNOYS me is....yes, the cardinal. It's STILL going at the window! Our latest deterent is a one eyed owl (got him for only $3 since he was missing an eye), has helped a little on the window he is perched. We need another for the other side. I'm just about ready to brick our windows up!


Flowers
Mark's calling at church can be pretty time consuming and I tend to complain about it. So knowing this month would have two occasions of him being away three days in a row I have been whining quite a bit. But I have a very wonderful husband who knows that I don't enjoy him being away so much....I was surprised to get these one of the days following a phone call from a friend saying Mark had set up a babysitter so we could go and have a girls night another day!

The other man in my life also surprised me. He chose a Marigold plant that is his and has been watching it grow. I keep a little vase in my bathroom and have been putting a fresh Gardenia when they are in bloom. Grant had picked one of his flowers for me and put it there.

Have I mentioned how much I love both my boys!?

Back to School
Well, not quite yet, but we did buy all Grant's school supplies the other day.

Ice Cream Sandwiches
I love them and have been eating way to many of them.

I love summer!

9 comments:

Jen said...

What a FULL post! LOVE it all. I do love your This & That posts...nice to see what you're up to.

Angie said...

I also like your this and that posts. You have the cutest kids I just cant stand it! I am glad you are having a good summer and staying busy:)

Lisha said...

I love your this & that posts, it's such a fun little peek int your days!

Jacobsen Five said...

The one eyed owl had me cracking up!!

Dawn, said...

These smorgasborg posts are always so fun!!!

Jessica M said...

The one eyed owl kills me. That's about the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Whew. Still laughing. I'm sure it'll scare your persistent cardinal away, the owl frightens me!

I can't believe your amazing guys (both of them). How considerate and sweet they both are! Grant's flower in your vase is just pure love. What a blessing.

Becki said...

Loved seeing you the other day! If we get a chance we shyould try for the fountains again! ;) I like htis post, it's one you'll look back on one day and smile at. Beautiful pics as always!

Ryan and Lori said...

What a fun update! Love Grace's love of books and the thoughtfulness of your 'boys'. Wonderful post full of good stuff!

Natalie said...

I'm going to miss the fountains, Grant and Grace look to be having so much fun, great pics. I haven't seen all of your 4th of July pics, LOVE them all! I will look forward to these type of posts when I'm gone:( so full of your latest fun!