Monday, June 15, 2009

Give a girl a flower...

...and she might just stand still.

Grace has decided blowing on the flowers is better than sniffing.

Can't resist...she's gotta have a lick.



Grant. I love this boy. Here he's wearing his Cabela's lightning bug shirt. The lightning bugs are out now and we have yet to catch one. Grant started swim lessons today. He loves going to the pool. He loves playing with Gracie. He loves helping me in the yard. He loves his daddy to be home from work. He loves to imagine.



From this past week...I would love to post some summer pictures of all the yard work we've been doing...but I'm always elbow deep in mud. I would love to post some pictures of Grant and Gracie at the swimming pool...but I absolutely cannot have a spare hand while chasing my little miss run away at the pool. She'd go full force in the deep end if you let her loose for half a second! I would love to post some pictures of the kids playing on the play set...but for some reason I cannot hold a camera and push two kids at the same time on the swings. I would love to lay in the grass and take some pictures...but someone has to run after the above mentioned little miss run away so she won't pick all the flowers.

But when I really think about it, I would love to spend summertime with both my kids without the camera in tow...and I'm happy to say I've been doing just that!

6 comments:

Jessica M said...

Hey! I've loved the pictures in the last few posts. Grace has THE CUTEST clothes. And these pictures really show how grown up Grant is getting.

The daisy pictures were my favorite!

Karen said...

Enjoy your summer! I agree sometimes it is easier to just be a mom without the camera. My is going away for a while. I just want to enjoy the time we have.

Debbie said...

oh my goodness! Is Gracie wearing make up or is her coloring just that good? ;-) She is gorgeous!

hope said...

Agreed! I don't have my camera in tow many times because I am busy with three kids and enjoying the peace that is with them!
But, I do LOVE these pics! I love lightening bug catching. The Sunday before we left my kids were out for two hours chasing bugs! Love it!!!

Diana said...

Can I come catch lightning bugs with you?! And take GW to the pool all afternoon? I think you might just have to let him play hooky for a day or two in August when Aunt Deeeanna comes to visit :)

Natalie said...

I'm catching up, I love this post! We sat outside this week with Matt and watched the lightening bugs, they are so fun to watch!