Monday, May 25, 2009

Just some...


Memorial Day. We went to the cemetery yesterday. I was surprised at how emotional and sweet Grant was about it. We are so grateful for Grant and Grace in our lives.
Abide with me! fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens. Lord, with me abide!
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me!

Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day.
Earth’s joys grow dim; its glories pass away.
Change and decay in all around I see;
O thou who changest not, abide with me!

I need thy presence ev’ry passing hour.
What but thy grace can foil the tempter’s pow’r?
Who, like thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Thru cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me!


Today we are going on a family picnic...the weather has been just perfect.

...Jessi was a sport once again, isn't she cute?





And while we were playing, Grant was in the garden with Papa...


And Miss Grace on Sunday:




It's just lovely being in Oregon, but we miss you Mark.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Can you make me look as cute as Jessi??????

I LOVE Gracie's pic.

danakat said...

You can just feel how happy it is for you guys to be there!
The pictures are glorious!

Becki said...

All beautiful Kim. I'm glad you're having a good time!

Quincy Sorensen said...

OH my goodness! It is so fun to see the resemblance between you and Jessi. I can see it strongly in several shots. Miss you guys!

Natalie said...

Oregon is beautiful and so are Jessi and Grace! Looks like Grant is in Heaven with your dad!

Angie said...

I am glad you are having fun here! What cemetary are you at?

Jessica M said...

That first picture is touching. Thank you for sharing it. What a lovely and peaceful place. I also love that hymn.

Your sister resembles you in the cutest ways!

And Grace looks like an angel in those last shots. I NEED a hat like that...

Ditto Family said...

Love them all. I'm so glad the weather has been perfect. Yes, Jessie is beautiful!

Lisa C said...

Kim, that first picture is absolutely gorgeous. I'm jealous--I'm always looking for great trees to put in my pictures. And it's not just the tree...the whole composition is beautiful.

emily a. said...

Jessi's dress is so cute and I LOVE Gracie's hat. So cute.

Lori said...

It all looks so gloriously fun! So happy to hear and SEE that you are having a good time.