Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This & That...

For weeks now Grant has come home from school begging to have a friend over. Finally we worked something out...


Could Gracie be more mismatched!? She is just like her big brother and loves to be outside digging, playing, eating the dirt and sand.


This boy is growing so fast. I didn't bother buying new Easter clothes as he and Grace have plenty. But Sunday morning when I pulled out some Spring attire and he dressed...it was just about too small! I felt bad, maybe I'll hit the after Easter sales, do they have those, probably already missed it. I think he has two pair of pants left without holes in them, I've been holding off for the warm weather and shorts.



I am so glad I caught this! See that involuntary raise of the eyebrow? Totally gets it from Mark!


The weather. A Northwest friend recently asked about the AL weather, since I allude to it frequently. She thought I was saying how lovely it is. I'm not so sure that's how I would describe it. The weather here frustrates me to no end. One day seventy five degrees and sunny and the next a freeze warming. Not to mention tornado watches, that turn into warnings with a siren going off, then hail as big as a golf balls (I've never seen anything like it) and ten minutes later it's sunny again. My car was outside, we usually always park in the garage, but there was a huge pile of bark mulch from the landscapers and I couldn't get in. Wouldn't you know-lots of hail dents! So in the shop it will go.



Grant and his friend were looking at their class picture and Grant said of someone's smile, "He's doing the cheddar, you know, the fancy kind." I laughed and enquired more..."He's smiling really big and nicely, the fancy kind of cheese."

Grant has paused in piano and is taking a break until the Fall. He has baseball several times a week and I didn't realize how hands on Mark and I have to be: dugout duty, concession stands, score keeper, practice helpers, snack provider, etc...

Backyard progress. They are thinking they will be done this weekend! I am loving every part of the changes, I think we will be very pleased and enjoy it immensely! Some more sneaks at the pergola and path and if you look real hard in the second one, you can see the corner of my cutting garden starting to grow.



Gracie loves books. She loves to look at them, especially on my lap.



And a couple more:

11 comments:

Jen said...

I'm loving all the sneak peeks at the work out back. I can't wait to come see it in person.

Kim said...

Those hail balls are unbelievable sorry about your car. The kids are getting so big.

Wendyrful said...

I wasn't home at the time of the hail. My kids saved some for me in the freezer, but I only SAW one BIG hail stone! Those are amazing! Wow!
O.K. what is Gracie thinking in that last picture???

Quincy Sorensen said...

Your backyard is looking absolutely beautiful. Kirk is reminding me right now I am not supposed to covet. I always love your This and That posts.

Mama Nirvana said...

Holy Schnikees!!! That is some big hail. I am dreading having John in soccer this summer because I know we'll have to participate in some way.

Great post! I feel caught up.

Amy

Jen said...

And I just have to say....THANK Goodness Gracie doesn't match for once! I was starting not to like you...j/k :)

Lisha said...

First, I agree with Jen (haha), second, I couldn't stop laughing about the 'cheddar.' This was a great post!

Ryan and Lori said...

Never a dull moment with crazy Alabama weather eh? That hail is amazing! A cut garden! How fun! I look forward to your fresh boquets! Looks like both/all children are enjoying the backyard now! It does look fun, as do they!

Natalie said...

Love Grant's eyebrow picture. And the fabric really does look fun!

Ditto Family said...

These are some of my favorite posts that you do...they help me feel caught up on your life. The hail is amazing, the sayings, garden peaks, etc...love it all.

Noelle said...

That's hail?!! It looks like you pieced together smaller, semi-melted pieces of hail, then shaped it into a ball and froze it again :) Amazing how fast the weather changes there. I had no idea. I bet if I lived there I would have a whole new perspective, but some changes to constant grey sounds nice right now. The "cheddar" comment is hilarious.