Thursday, February 26, 2009

Weather in AL

Ever since moving to Alabama I have become a little obsessed with checking the weather, because you just never know. One day it's beautiful sunny and warm the next there's a tornado warning and storm and then next it's snowing and windy. In fact you may have all of these combined within one day... so now I have the weather channel and the normal weather report programmed on my iphone and check weather.com on the Internet constantly. This week for example: Yesterday cold. Today, high of 70. Tomorrow thunderstorms and showers. Saturday rain in the morning. Sunday snow. Go check if you don't believe me; but then again it might have changed in the last few minutes. Usually I welcome the rain which ever so reminds me of home...but when it impedes on carefully thought out plans, it's annoying. But I'm not discouraged quite yet. I will back in a few hours and see if tomorrow storm is still a go!

And what would a post be without a picture. Sometimes we call her Bucky.

4 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

I just love Grace's teeth!

I imagine it would be quite the adventure to live in a place with such variable climate. Here we know it will be either sprinkling, drizzling, pouring or just plain raining -- although it snowed last night.

Amy

Kim Mayfield said...

Yes, life in the south can be quite adventurous, weather-wise at least!

Ryan and Lori said...

I can't help but smile when I look at that picture! Gotta love that weather!

Lisha said...

We've called our kids 'Buckey" at various points,too. Love the picture!