Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Tried...

What was I thinking? I will tell you what I was thinking...I was thinking my family would go to the park with the tripod in tow and get some nice family photos done for our holiday card. I was thinking my almost six year old son was old enough to stand still for a few minutes while we set things up and look normal when the camera was about to snap. I was thinking my oh so happy baby would have no problems looking up when we laughed, screeched or called her name. And I thought I would have no problem or at least a small amount capturing us all looking and smiling. Hmmm. What was I thinking?

We did get a couple that we were all at least looking...so those are saved for the card. If you're a recipient of our holiday greetings please know I tried. Here's how the morning went, both children mezmorized by the beautiful surroundings (I don't blame them); Grant wanting to run and explore and Gracie wanting to eat every leaf and stick on the ground. Kim and Mark looking and sounding like lunatics yelling and clapping to get both children to look and smile. I even bribed Grant with fruit snacks, now when was the last time I had to do that?

So, just a few to know I'm keeping it real!

This was one of the better ones...

Here's me trying...

Here's Mark trying..

I like this one...

...and this one.

Blurry...

I'm pretty sure Grant gave me this look after I was telling him what a pill he'd been.

And sun spots for my little sunshines...

10 comments:

danakat said...

Well, they look precious if that counts for anything. I personally would have loved to have been witness to you and Mark looking and sounding like lunatics. :)

Mama Nirvana said...

I can totally envision the chaos. I am absolutely DREADING taking the holiday photo. I'm thinking of just laying them all out on the ground and standing above them. That way they will have to stay a little bit still.

The BW of Grant is just cracking me up. Last year I had to promise John a GIANT bag of candy for him to help me.

Amy

TamBaum said...

Wish you were here to take a family picture for us. I don't even want to try this year.

Dawn, said...

A good spin to this is that you can count on them to not become professional 'posers'... the candid shots are always the best and it looks like they have 'candid' down pat, giggle! I seriously doubt you could get a BAD photo of either of your two cuties!

Shonda said...

Grace's outfit is to die for! I love those colors.

So, a few years ago, I wanted to do a timer, family pic. I still can't believe I did this...but I actaully threw rocks at my camaera to get the kids to look that direction. ROCKS!!! The result is the family pic on my website. So, now that picture is about two years old, and I decided we needed an updated family picture, and a holiday card pic. I found another photographer who was willing to swap with me... a family shoot, for a family shoot. It was nice to not have to toss rocks at my camera!

jalynn said...

Oh no...i am planning on doing the very same thing this Saturday. All your pictures are beautiful though, even the fuzzy ones!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I am laughing . . . good to the Master has a hard time getting great shots (every now and then).

emily a. said...

Grace's outfit really is adorable! Did you make the flower on her head band?

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Okay, your story scared me, but when I saw teh results I realized it wasn't too bad. However, I am NOT EXPERIENCED IN MOVING OBJECTS!! I have decided to try to take our family photos this year. I have heard some horrible family photo experiences this week alone. I think I will wait til next week!! And I think I will keep it on the Automatic creative setting this time around. Next year I will play with the manual settings!!
They are adorable by the way!!!

Diana said...

Umm...I want Gracie's hat in my size!