Monday, September 25, 2006

Plants


Mark told me I had an abnormal attachment to my plants last night as I nearly shed some tears watching them leave my house. I cannot take them on the move, so I have been giving them away to friends and family. Many of the plants or pots themselves I feel connected to because they have been given to me by students, Mark, and other loved ones. You may wonder why I didn’t just take the plants out and keep the pots? I debated that too, but concluded it would be terrible to rip out my beautifully rooted plants. If you were one the recipients of one of my plants I am not writing this to make you feel bad; I hope it brings you as much joy as it has brought me. One of my last lingering ones I am having a hard time parting with-my African Violet……

No comments: